Top Tips for your Towels
Helpful tips for the best results!
Need to know how to keep your towels in good condition and keep them soft and fluffy? Here’s our advice on towel product care:
- When you first buy your towels, before you use them, soak in cold water for at least 24 hours, then wash normally with minimal detergent.
- The soaking will swell the cotton fibres and increase absorbency.
- Always follow the washing instructions on the label and separate white and dark colours.
- Use the recommended amount of detergent, ensuring you don’t put it directly on the towels.
- Select a gentle washing detergent that doesn’t contain bleach or whitening agents that will fade your towel colours.
- Do not use fabric conditioner, as this leaves a coating on the towels and reduces absorbency.
- Hang promptly to dry after washing.
- Finishing off the drying in a dryer on low to medium heat will soften and fluff your towels up – but do not over dry!